Monday, May 9, 2022

Week 7 and 8 Complete! 110 days and 14 hours to start

The past two weeks have felt really busy and I have been slow in providing an update about them, so here's a combination post!


At the turn-around point of the long bike
Week 7 started off with a rest day as I was feeling off while teaching on of my aqua fitness classes. It felt that someone had turned up the heat and the humidity at the pool and I all of a sudden felt nauseated, hot and a bit dizzy. I came home and rested and while my brain wanted to chance a workout I knew that it was the best thing for my body to not press it. I focused on resting and drinking water. Several Covid tests taken through the week were all negative, and that day just ended up being an anomaly. I ended up moving some of the workouts around and the only one I missed was a swim. The highlight of the week was doing almost 80km on my bike for the longest ride to date, and my first over 10 hour training week. 

Total training time 10:06: 47
Swim - 2300m
Bike - 6:33:00 including 111 km outside
Run - 24.9 km including 14km long run on treadmill

Happy running



Week 8 was a cutback week, a week I look forward to. I find the fatigue of  a previous heavy week is a couple days behind. The big highlight of the week was doing a 1500m time trial in the pool and I ended up with my fastest time ever and achieving a 2:14/100m pace which is my CSS predicted pace. I also rode 4 times and only ran twice. 

Total training time 8:00:09
Swim - 3400m
Bike - 5:10:14 including 76km outside
Run - 14.0 km



No comments:

Post a Comment

Woody's RV Half Marathon Race Report. 95 days 13 minutes to start

 On May 22, 2022 I ran the half marathon in Red Deer as a training run. This was the first half marathon I have ever done and I have lost co...