Monday, May 16, 2022

Week 9 complete! 103 days and 11 hours to start

 The build phase has begun! Like the base phase, this has two 4-week cycles of 3 weeks building and one week cut back, and the workouts will increase in intensity and/or duration. While I haven't hit every single workout so far, I do feel like I have a solid base and am physically ready for the next eight weeks.

Here is a summary:

Monday 
Run - 7.3 km with hills

Tuesday
Swim - 2200m with CSS intervals from 50m-400m
Bike - 1:00 including teaching spin class

Wednesday
Bike - 40km outside with some fartlek intervals
Run - 1.8km brick

Tee hee! What a name.



Thursday 
Swim - 2500 including 1800m continuous
Run - 5.2km recovery paced

Friday
Bike - 22.7 recovery ride

Saturday
Rest

Sunday
Bike - 88.5km long bike in 3:20
Like last week I set up an aid station in the vehicle so I could load up again on my foods and Nuun. I was gone nearly 2 hours before I pit stopped which was too long as I ran out of water. I ended up going out further than I intended to. 
On the ride I ate 2 mini snickers, 2 packs of fruit snacks, half a Lara bar, a waffle with maple syrup and I took a gel when I pit stopped. I drained both bottles of Nuun. I also had a salt tablet when I felt I needed it, but based on my salty face I still need to figure out my electrolytes, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woody's RV Half Marathon Race Report. 95 days 13 minutes to start

 On May 22, 2022 I ran the half marathon in Red Deer as a training run. This was the first half marathon I have ever done and I have lost co...