Saturday, March 26, 2022

Week 2 Complete! And What a Week it Was. 154 days, 18 hours until start.

Just like the title suggest it's been quite a week! Monday my oldest told me that in the afternoon he was starting to have a sore throat at school and was starting to cough. We did a test and it was negative. However I could hear him coughing all night and in the morning I did another one when he finally woke up we did a second one and you can see the results! It took two more nights before I could tell he was getting solid sleep, and because his bedroom is right below ours I didn't sleep well either. I spent the first half of the week feeling like I was heavy in a fog. However he is feeling better now and today is his last day of being isolated in the basement.

On Thursday my mom told me that one of their friend lost their battle with pancreatic cancer. He was one of my dad's best friends and they met when we were neighbours, over 45 years ago and as couples they have been best friends for as long as I can remember. I have a million memories of him and I know that he will be missed. 

On Friday the Foo Fighters announced the death of their drummer Taylor Hawkins. The Foo has been my favourite band and I been lucky enough to see them seven times in four different locations and hopefully again in the future. I'm sad for his family that has to live without him. 

Now the training summary!

Monday 
Run - 7km recovery on treadmill so I could ensure I kept the pace and effort low

Tuesday
Bike - 1:00 done on my indoor trainer

Wednesday
Swim - 2000m done as a warm up and then 1500m continuous with a descending pace each 500m
Run - 6km easy pace outside

Thursday
Bike - 1:00 teaching a cycle class and some long climbs were on the schedule today

Friday
Swim - 2000m total with a lot of drills focussing on body position, catch and rolling. It was exhausting!
Run - 7km by feel outside

Saturday
Bike - 1:20 total between teaching a cycle class and then finishing on my own. First part of my first brick workout
Run - 2.4km done around the indoor track as the second part of the brick workout

Totals
Swim - 4000m
Bike - 3:20
Run - 22.6km

I feel this is another solid week of training, although I did feel like lack of sleep made the workouts harder. One more build week ahead!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Woody's RV Half Marathon Race Report. 95 days 13 minutes to start

 On May 22, 2022 I ran the half marathon in Red Deer as a training run. This was the first half marathon I have ever done and I have lost co...