Sunday, March 20, 2022

Week 1 Complete: I'm Training for Ironman!! 160 days 17 hours until start.

 I did it! First weel of a 24 week training program complete. Here are the details of my triathlon focussed workouts:

Monday
Bike - 1:15  I taught 2 classes of :30 and :45 so there was a break in between. Lots of climbs and sprints in these classes

Tuesday 
Swim - 1500m done as 6 x 250m easy pace
Run -  6.1km recovery pace on indoor track

Wednesday 
Bike - :30 recovery done after teaching my group fitness class

Thursday 
Bike - 1:15 I did a :15 warm up before the 1:00 class which was a lot of 2:1 hard:easy intensity

Friday 
Swim - 2000m done as a few drills, 10 x 50. on 1:12 and then 400m moderate continuous. I am in a swim group and on the 29th we will be doing a 400m and 200m time trial to see if our CSS will drop. Mine is currently at 2:19. The 400m I did today was only 3 seconds slower than my best time trial so I am hoping to be faster.
Run - 5 km recovery pace outside

Saturday
Run - 7.3 km moderate pace on indoor track after teaching a bootcamp class. I also went to the climbing wall with my daughter in the afternoon. My hip flexors were toast. Actually everything was sore at the end of the day.

Sunday 
Rest day means legs up the wall and some yoga to stretch the previously mentioned sore body.

Totals
Swim 3500m
Bike 3:00
Run 18.4km 1:56:30

Overall I feel this is a good start. I don't think I over did it on the intensity and I made sure that I was hydrated, well fed and got a good amount of sleep. Also, it's exciting to say I am training for an Ironman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woody's RV Half Marathon Race Report. 95 days 13 minutes to start

 On May 22, 2022 I ran the half marathon in Red Deer as a training run. This was the first half marathon I have ever done and I have lost co...