Saturday, April 9, 2022

Week 4 Complete! 140 days, 13 hours until start.

The final week of the first block of the base training mesocycle is complete. Every 4th week is a cutback week, and even though it is similar in time and volume to week 3, I decided to follow the plan and not treat last week like a cutback week. The only adjustment I made this week was on Saturday's run. The original workout was to be a 45 min bike then 15 min brick run, but I opted for a longer recovery run as I had already accumulated the weekly time on the bike in the three rides. 
Happy to be outside for the second 
day in a row!

 
Monday 
Run - 5.1km moderate push

Tuesday
Swim - 2100m total as 500m continuous warm up, 10 x 50m, 5 x 200m @CSS, 100m cooldown
Bike - 47 min total including 28 min spin class

Wednesday
Run - 4.1 recovery paced run outside

Thursday
Bike - 21.2km outside

Friday
Swim - 1600m total as 600m in assorted drills and the 1000m continuous
Bike - 32 km outside 

Saturday 
Run - 5.1km recovery paced run on treadmill

Totals
Swim - 3700m
Bike - 3:02:15 including 53km of outdoor riding
Run - 14.5km

The next 4 weeks have more volume in all disciplines and I hope that I am able to get more riding outside sooner rather than later. There are short bursts of intensity but nothing will dominate a workout yet. I am still building a base and getting used to 8 workouts a week, plus teaching fitness classes and balancing family needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woody's RV Half Marathon Race Report. 95 days 13 minutes to start

 On May 22, 2022 I ran the half marathon in Red Deer as a training run. This was the first half marathon I have ever done and I have lost co...