Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Week 5 Complete! 130 days 22 hours to start

The teacher becomes the participant.
This summary is delayed because of Easter weekend. Life happens!

After the joy of getting outside for a couple of rides and enjoying everything a taper had to offer I was back inside this week. I am not hardcore enough to cycle when I need to layer up, and even in the summer I am a bit of a delicate flower in the morning. 

The cut back week was nice to get a bit more sleep and some rest. I had some openings in my one on one schedule, and an extra cycle class to teach,  so I shifted my workouts. The big change was moving my long run from a day off Friday to a Monday where I am on my feet teaching classes and training clients. That one was hard to get through, and because of the weather I ran it inside on the track.



Survived 1:20 around the track.
That's 53 laps.

Monday
Run - 12.5km on the indoor track. I felt like I could have done better with fuel and electrolytes as my legs were quite cramped towards the end

Tuesday
Swim - 2400m total with this workout:

200 warm up

3 x 100 fins torpedo, 6/1/6, broken arrow

2 x 100 javelin

4 x 150 build pace

4 x 200 pull scull/dog paddle, paddles, fists, paddles

4 x 50 easy/fast

100 cool down


Bike - 1:25 total between two cycle classes

Wednesday 
Bike - 53:00

Thursday
Swim - 200m done as 5 x 400 with the first being done as drills and the rest as continuous swim

Friday
Run - 6.4km done on the treadmill with some speed bursts

Saturday
Bike - 2:20 on my bike on the trainer
Run - 1.6km on the treadmill as a brick run

Totals 8:44 training time
Swim - 4400m
Bike - 4:38
Run - 20.5 km 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Woody's RV Half Marathon Race Report. 95 days 13 minutes to start

 On May 22, 2022 I ran the half marathon in Red Deer as a training run. This was the first half marathon I have ever done and I have lost co...