Friday, April 8, 2022

It's Great to be Outside! 141 days, 11 hours to start.


It's April in Alberta! And it's the time of year where weather is unpredictable from one day to the next. We have had a couple of days of warm weather so it was nice to get off the spin bike in to the actual outdoors. I went both today and yesterday and it was amazing.

Yesterday was really windy and one thing about the wind, is that it is hard on my body. My joints tend to ache, especially the ones in my hand, and my right thumb is the worst of it all. However I put on a few layers and some fuzzy mittens and rode some quiet roads close to home. You can tell by the map which way the wind was blowing. My mittens did well protecting me from the cold and my hands were able to grip the bars quite well. 


Today was more pleasant as it was warmer and less windy. I went from being bundled in layers, to one long sleeve shirt and shorts! Yesterday I made the mistake of not taking water, but today I did drink a full bottle of Nuun. I had a salty face and my muscles were starting to feel a bit of cramping, so I need to remember to bring and ingest salt tablets.  I was also getting a bit sore in the upper back from being on my own bike. 

Either way it was nice to be outside and I covered almost 53km in these rides. This was a good ride and I am looking forward to more!

.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Woody's RV Half Marathon Race Report. 95 days 13 minutes to start

 On May 22, 2022 I ran the half marathon in Red Deer as a training run. This was the first half marathon I have ever done and I have lost co...